Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

papacat

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2001
The 3300 has default passwords for several access levels, which can be changed by the user. I have 19 of these puppies, with the admin and security passwords changed, and no one knows what they were changed TO! The 3com manual says I gotta send 'em back to 3com, but I can't help but believe there's a better way. Just what does 3com DO when you send it back? Has anybody got a clue how to reset these things? Any insight appreciated. Thx

I wish I knew. Right now I'm facing the same problem. A previous employer installed and configured it and now (after changing the network topology) all 12 ports went to "disabled" automagically. And, (surprise, surprise!) nobody knows the password to user admin, security or manager. So if ANYONE has ANY clue on how to reset the 3300 I'd be mighty pleased to hear it. Thx.

hello all. I've just been faced with the same problem, don't know whether these password will be any use to you, but try 'em anyway.

user password
admin -
security security
monitor monitor
manager manager

hope these are of some use.

Try recover, recover as login and password.
Then reboot the switch within 30 seconds by powering it on/off.

Okay Guys and Gals, here is how to clear all those nasty passwords that nobody knows on the 3300's. The only bad thing is, you need another switch that you know the admin password to. So, here goes.

First, link up the two switches with a matrix cable and set an ip address on the good switch using the serial port so you can go in with a web browser. Then pull up the switch on the browser.

Second, click on the configuration icon on the left sidebar.

Third, click on the initialize hotlink in the top middle of the screen. To initialize the stack, click yes, then apply.

Everything except ip addresses will be set to 3Com defaults for all the switches in the stack, so be careful here.

Have Fun!!!!!!

paulj@lanpro.com

I have a 2nd hand 3com ethernet modem model 3CP013647 with a set and flashed password which of course is unknown. The 3com help say's to send it back to them to reset the password to '!root' the factory preset PW. If you can please send me the resetting procedure.

Many thanks, Kevin Gabris
kgabris@sympatico.ca

For switches try;

Username = debug
password = synnet

or

Username = tech
password = tech

These were some of the recovery passwords 3Com used on some of the 2000 and 3000 series switches.

As above you need a good switch and a matrix cable. Connect the 2 switches together with the matrix cable and the good switch to a pc via the console port using a serial cable and open hypherterminal. Set hypher terminal 9600, 8 bits 1 stop bit no parity or flow control. Power on both switches, login to the good router as Admin.
enter "system" to get into this menu.
enter "unit" to see units.
enter "initialize".
enter "y" to proceed with initialisation of all units in stack.

Hi !

So I´ve got the same problem with my 3com SuperStack II 9300 (PID 3C93011).
Here is no way for any matrix-modul ! I couldn´t connect the cable. So what can I do now for the reset to factory settings ?
NO given password (above) will work ! And we lost the administrator password !

Please gimme some hint and/or solution !

Thx.

Andrew.

This was posted about a month ago, and this solution worked for me with a 3Com 1100:

Try User: 3comcso
Password: RIP000

You should get a "Done" response. Reboot the switch and the admin and blank password should work.

Unfortunately, I don't remember the username that posted this, but it worked in my case.

Doug

I believe the (3comcso RIP000) username and password combination will only work with 3Com 1100 and 3300 switches.

Hi !

Still I got similar probs ...

I´ve an 3com Superstack II 9300 2-LX/10-SX (3C93011) SWITCH.

My Problem is: I could not login to reconfigure. My pal is walk out around the world and the 3com-support is over, because the machine was bought from 2001, and it´s to old since registration (just 2-year-free-support-help).
They gave me the offer to pay lot of money for help me here. - No thanks ! I haven´t !

Here are all my tried backdoors w/o effect (used serial-console):

adm/(none)
admin/synnet
admin/admin
admin/(blank)
admin/nopass
debug/synnet
write/synnet

... always "incorrect password" !
--------------
and:

root/(blank)
root/manger
security/(blank)
security/security
manager/manager
recover/recover
tech/tech
monitor/monitor
3comcso/RIP000
force/force

... always ".. is not a valid access level"

and here is NO reset-button on my machine ...

Maybe anyone got a quick idea ?! The delivered handbooks (the customer+admin handbooks) have no details for this case...

Does anyone have any idea or answer ?!

Greetings,

Phil (cloonie)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back