Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 migrate users to MBG

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8is

Technical User
Jun 11, 2013
US
I have a customer that has 10 Mitel 3300 clustered togeather , Nupoint and stand alone boarder gateway , customer moved on controller to be the stand alone MBG main controller now wants to move all users on another cluster controller to be teleworker phones. I am looking for any best practices or issues that may cause a lot of grief.

Not sure what you are asking. Teleworker or SRC, or some type of fail over

Customer has 10 sites clustered on the 3300 they want to take users off a system that is clustered and put them in a teleworker set up on a MBG that is pointed to another system that is also in the cluster, ecentially removing one of the controller out of the cluster.

you could use DHCP option 125 at the local site to then point those phones to the MBG as opposed to the local controller. you would need to approve or enter the Installer password once the phones reach the MBG and the new controller.

Do you have MiCollab installed with single point provisioning? That will affect how you would re-program the users. You will have to remove them from the current controller and re-program them on the new controller, and possibly update the MBG as well. The only question is if you have to do that in MiCollab or the MCD's and MBG directly. I'm assuming you're also removing the MCD that the users are currently programmed on as well, but I would wait to do that until the users are moved.

No micalab, I will have to figure out the process to have the controller deleted from the cluster and my guess any reference to the controller, I'm still not sure why customer wants to do this as it takes away from the resilience of the system. Guess the tax dollars spent well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back