Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 Matrix Configuration Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huntrik

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2003
US
I have 2 3C16980's and I connected them via matrix cable. I have no connective between them. I can ping the one my router is plugged into but not the other, on the other hand if I plug my router into the 2nd one I can ping it. Is there a setting I've missed, or is one of my matrix ports or the cord bad. Is there any way to check? Both switches work, they just don't work together. (Matrixed) I would be greatful for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Huntrik

The matrix cable connects the 2 switches together as a stack so that they function as one unit thus only 1 IP is needed for the entire stack. The IP you can ping will be the switch that is unit 1 of the stack. You don't need an IP in the other switch. By looking on the front panel of the units you will see a little green lite that tells you which one is unit one and which one is unit two. Also if you are configuring them using telnet the first unit will be the one you get connected to. To get to the second units CLI while attached to unit 1, go to "System", then "unit" and then "2". You will see at the top of each menu screen [Switch 3300 (#)], the # represents which unit you are currently attached to.

W [ponytails2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back