Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300->NuPoint Mailbox dump

Status
Not open for further replies.

cinter

Programmer
Jun 20, 2014
GB
3300 MCD 6, NuPoint Message Centre

Is there a way to dump a call directly into a Nupoint mailbox from a 5312 acting as an attendant? I would love functionality as described in the FAQ's for the internal message system. Call comes in to user A, is answered, trans/conf pressed and call dumped to user B's mailbox. User B's MW lamp blinks.

All I've managed up till now is to make a speed dial to the message port with two pauses and then the digits of the desired party. It must be possible to do this with a little more finesse!

Cheers!

With MCD 6.0 there is now a form called - Call Coverage

In the form you can program the Voicemail Pilot for your Nupoint.

Once done, the Message Key can be used as a direct transfer key to VM

Help Files said:
Description
Direct Transfer to Voice Mail transfers an active call directly to the requested party's voice mailbox instead of waiting for the system to transfer it there after ringing the party's phone. Use this feature when you know that the party is unavailable or when the caller only wishes to leave them a voice message.

To transfer the call to a voice mailbox, simply press the Message key, and then dial the destination extension (or use a DSS or Speedcall key). The call is transferred unsupervised to the mailbox owner's personal greeting while the transferring party's phone receives dial tone or returns to idle. During the transfer setup, the caller is placed on soft hold and presented with Music on Hold (if provisioned). To abort the transfer and reconnect the caller, press Cancel at any time before the last digit in the transfer destination number is dialed.

A feature access code (FAC) is provided for use on phones that do not have a Message key or that are using the key for Visual Voice Mail. Phones that use the Message key for Visual Voice Mail can also configure a programmable line key as a Message key. Consoles are provided either a softkey (5540 and SC1000), a fixed key (5550 IP), or a toolbar button (MiVoice Business Console) for initiating the transfer.

Using the Message key or FAC is equivalent to dialing the pilot number of the voice mail system. The actual pilot number dialed for a given transfer destination is determined by Call Coverage Services provisioned for the destination.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I'll give it a try...
The FAC option looks really promising, because I'd actually love to see the call being dumped there automatically (using a button to activate/deactivate the call forwarding to the VM box, so it can happen unattended), but I can't find a "message" or "direct transfer to VM" FAC in the form, any clue which one would control that?

Thanks!

I think its the Feature access code for voicemail

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

OK, I see that one. I'll give it a try and post results...

OK, thanks to the help, I got this working great: FAC and message button do just what they should...

-BUT-

Now I'm trying to have calls always dump to the mailbox in Night mode, I tried with a speed call to FAC+DN, but the switch just dials the FAC and ignores the following digits, so I get "please enter a mailbox number"...

Any suggestions of a work-around?

Thanks!

what is the terminating DN of the call that you are trying to route to VM?

What VM are you trying to get it to associate with?

Have you tried simply adding said DN into the target MB as an alternate extension? (Advanced options in MB)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Alternate extension worked like a charm!
Thanks a million.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back