Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 Direct to PSTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

osgoodr

Technical User
Aug 1, 2013
GB
Guys,

Is it possible to connect 3300 (MXE) direct to PSTN point of presance for a FAX machine then just create a analogue trunk to route through the number ?

Do I need any specific HW to achieve this?

Cheers

Huh? If you want to hook up a CO line to the 3300 there are ports on the back to do this as long as it is a loop start trunk. If you want to send all the calls to the fax machine you would need to assign it an extension number and direct that trunk to that extension number. If you want that fax machine to only access that line you would need to create a COR that only allows the fax extension to access the line and you would need to setup ARS so that it doesn't need to dial 9 for an outside line.

The question then comes down to why would you do this i.e consume a trunk just for one device. The only reason I can think of is if you were to use the trunk as a power fail trunk.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back