Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 CXi - LS Trunks w/ DTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

rossiv

Technical User
Mar 7, 2009
US
3300 CXi here with 6x LS PSTN lines from Telco plugged into the LS/GS card. System isn't in production yet, so I can tweak whatever.

[Background...can skip to what I want below]
Reception phone had six buttons dedicated one each to the PSTN lines via "Single Line" w/ corresponding LDN for each line.
Employee phones had six buttons dedicated one each to the PSTN lines via "Key System" w/ corresponding LDN for each line.
Outbound dialing was done like normal, dial 9, second dialtone, dial your number, done. (ARS w/ Trunk Group in reverse order from inbound)
With this setup, everything worked fine for me, but not for the employees. The employees are used to (with the current system) not having to dial 9. As soon as they pick up the handset, it auto-picks the first available PSTN trunk and seizes it and presents the PSTN dialtone.
I know I can't do that, but I have discovered Direct Trunk Select. DTS does close enough to what they want, but it kills my outbound with 9 unless I'm missing something. I can't specify both a Trunk Service number and a DTS Service number - apparently they are mutually exclusive. I have to take the trunk out of the trunk group that ARS is using for outbound, then remove the TSN and add the DTSSN. In this case, I can't use both the ARS with 9 and the DTS method of pushing the button and getting straight PSTN out.
[End Background]

In short, what I want is to have is this:

Inbound calls ring only Reception, with silent ring and only flashing LED (no display on screen) for employee phones. Retain current "Key System-like" functionality. Reception part I already have, employee phones don't ring, but do show up on the display. Thinking it through, if the calls come in on the LDN for each line and the other phones have DTS, the call won't be able to be picked up through DTS if it came in on the LDN, will it? Still getting used to the unique ways of the 3300.

Outbound calls able to be placed by using a DTS button OR by ARS (dial 9 with fake dialtone)

I do not believe you can do what you are trying to do. The 3300 ( unfortunately for you ) is not a key system and therefore it has trouble acting as one.

I can see why you might want to identify the lines separately but do not understand why they need to access a particular line for an outgoing call. If you simply want to remove them having to dial 9 to make a call you can do that in ARS.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

I figured as much. I think I'll just stick with the traditional 9 + dial concept. They'll get used to it eventually.

Any tips for hiding the call display on the other phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back