Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 Clusters with MiCollab 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GZgidnick

Technical User
Jan 8, 2015
AU
Anyone had experience running MiCollab with clustered 3300s? - Is this doable?

yes
All Micollab ports can only be connected to one MiVB(MCD)( for AWW Nupoint)

Multiple pabx's can be added and from memory if templates are created for each pabx you can still use single point provisioning

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Note next version of MiCollab replaces single point provisioning with a new method.

You can't duct tape stupid.

As LoopLou mentioned SPP is replaced by SDS from MiCollab 7.
I don't believe it supports clusters at these stage though, you need Version 6 if you have multiple controllers.

Latest version Micollab is out now , Unfortunately it cannot be used as an upgrade to an existing version , pAth release due early november fixes that and supports the flow through provisioning for existing sites

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Just got my hands onto latest MiCollab I&M course materials.
It appears that 7.x it is built with Clustering in mind. There are significant improvements in the MiCollab<--->MiVB synchronization process as well. It is live sync and fully bidirectional.
The new synchronization method is called FTP (Flow Through Provisioning) as opposed to the old SPP (Single Point Provisioning)
MiCollab from now on, it will need to be added as a network element in MiVB and DataSharing enabled.

Please find below the details from the I&M manual:

Flow Through Provisioning describes a solution that permits you to share user and service data between a MiCollab 7.0 server and one or more MiVoice Business 7.2 systems.
When you add, modify or delete information for users in the Users and Services application, Flow Through Provisioning synchronizes the data automatically on the MiVoice Business and MiCollab platforms.
Users and Services data is shared with MiVoice Business using System Data Synchronization (SDS). Synchronization is bidirectional. Changes made to users, phones, templates, multi-device user groups, and personal ring groups in any MiVoice Business element in the sharing network are reflected in the MiCollab Users and Services application.
Reach Through
Flow Through Provisioning provides a single-sign-on feature for the administration interfaces in the Mitel communications network.
After you sign into the MiCollab server manager, you are granted "reach-through" access to the MiVoice Business system administration tools and vice versa.
The MiCollab Users and Services interface displays a control allowing you to Connect to MiVB System Tool.
Conditions and Limitations
The simplest supported configuration is one MiCollab server and one MiVoice Business server in a single (default) administration group with no cluster defined.
 The MiCollab Users and Services database lists all the users in the MiVoice Business network and allows you to manage the local MiCollab application services and the remote MiVoice Business phone services.
 Flow Through Provisioning features are not offered to other MiVoice Business servers in this configuration even if they are included in the local administration group.
If MiCollab is managing a group of MiVoice Business systems, they must be configured in a single administration group within a single SDS sharing cluster.
 MiVoice Business will not allow sharing with MiCollab if there are multiple clusters.
 After sharing has started with MiCollab, MiVoice Business will disallow the creation of a second cluster.
 All MiVoice Business servers in the cluster must be at Release 7.2 or later.
Role and template data is shared between the MiCollab server and the MiVoice Business servers in the same Admin Group.
 Role and template data is not shared with other MiCollab servers (only one MiCollab server is allowed in an Admin Group).
 Roles and templates are merged during the synchronization process and may need to be reconciled.
 To avoid role and template conflicts, it is recommended that you segregate the MiVoice Business servers into separate administration groups and change the sharing scope of roles and user templates to "Admin Group" before you start sharing with the first MiCollab server.
 Templates can be added by either copying an existing template (in the Edit Template page) or by adding a new template. You can edit templates either in Users and Services or the MiVoice Business System Administration Tool and the changes are shared.
 Users and Services can manage all the service components within a user and service template, but only a subset of the fields which are offered in the MiVoice Business System Administration forms are available. Use Reach Through to manage the complete phone service template on the MiVoice Business (for example, to edit feature key templates).
 If MiVoice Business was upgraded from Release 6.0, there may be legacy templates in the database. These templates will not be imported into MiCollab and will not appear in Users and Services. If you attempt to create a new template with the same name as a legacy template, an error is presented.
MANUAL CONFIG
1. Add MiCollab to the Network Elements form of the MiVoice Business platform using the MiVoice Business System Administration Tool. Select MSL Server from the Type field.
 At the outset of the process, the Data Sharing value is NO.
2. Select the checkbox for the MiCollab server and click Start Sharing.
3. Click OK to Confirm Start Sharing.
 Progress is displayed in a series of dialog windows and also in MiCollab Event Viewer.
 A message appears when the process is complete.
 The MiVoice Business Network Elements form now displays YES under Data Sharing and sharing icons appear beside each member.
 MiCollab Users and Services displays the same sharing icon on items being shared.
As part of the synchronization process, the system automatically runs the Reconcile Wizard to analyze MiCollab and MiVoice Business data. Should conflicts occur during this process, you are instructed to run the Reconcile Wizard to align SDS data.

Enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back