Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3300 Alarms on web interface no alarms on the system 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitel33

Technical User
May 6, 2009
US
Hi all,

my 3300 ICP Call Control 40.1.2.10_SP1 is showing a major alarm on the web base interface.
Group "system defaulted" alarm status ! Major.

I run all the commands to check for alarm and the system responds no alarms. I have 2 3300 with resilient. All the system have a green light show no alarms. I do not know who to clear them. I just to have OPS and I clear alarms that way before, but I do not use OPS any more. Any ideas on how to clear the message?

No faults on system
------------
Current System Alarm : | NO ALARM | viewed from Active
------------

thanks,

Turn off the SNMP service and then turn it back on again on both systems and the alarms will clear.

Hi boycey9,

I dont know if I did this right. I log in on the web console and turn SNMP disable and turn off access for all managers on both the the 3300 and the resiliant. I forgot to mention that one of the 3300 is working fine now alarms and the check mark is green.

I have 2 locations connected by DSU/CSU. Only 1 3300 is the one with the red alarm critical in all 4 boxes.

one campus 3300 green alarm and resiliant green alarm
2nd campus 3300 "Major alarm" resiliant green alarm

thanks,

The Mitels use snmp to tell each other of their alarm status, sometimes this gets stuck, I havnt got a mitel in front of me but on the snmp page its the option at the top, you click change and then toggle the status on the snmp and save then do this again to get it back to the same state.
You need to do this on all systems in the cluster and it may still take a few mins before all alarms update.

If the above doesnt work it may be that you are blocking the port used for snmp between the systems.

Hi,

Do not know if that did the trick. I did turn off snmp on 3300 and resilient only on one side. after I turn it on I did not check but today the alarms were gone.

thanks,

Admin Group Alarm Summary seems to lag from several minutes to several hours on our site as well, I assume it just takes a long time to update the status.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back