Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

32 vs 64 bit operations in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

whftherb

Technical User
Jan 17, 2003
US
With the majority of Adobe product line specifying 32-bit operation only (at this time). If I have Vista 64, will it automatically "flip back" to 32 bit mode when it detects a 32-bit program trying to run? Or should I just stick to a 32-bit Vista purchase? From my reading I think they're saying you can purchase either a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of each level of Vista. Am I reading that correctly?

Thanks.

I use Vista 64 Ultimate now and I have no issues with running adobe products.
I am running 8 gig of ram and I way like the 64 bit system better than the 32 bit.....for me it is stability.

I also use VMware so I can run a virtual windows XP and all those old apps that just don't work with vista (I only have one Print shop 16) VMware is much more stable in the 64 bit environment

I also have the 32 bit vista and think I may just not use it and give it to one of my kids.

To me the 64 bit is more stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back