Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

32-bit connection on 64-bit Win7 - what specific changes are required when migrating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Apr 20, 2012
US
Hi,
We are converting Access 2007 to Access 2010 from a 32-bit connection to a 64 bit Win7 machine and I am not a techie by any means, I just know my way around Access and VBA. We continue to get an error - only on 1 DB which has pretty simple queries but others with more complicated queries continue to run. The error we are getting is "Run-Time error 3035, System resource exceeded". This article seems close but I'm wondering what I really need to communicate to our IT department what needs to change. Is there anything we can change in Access 2010 or do we need to have custom VBA code at connection time to resolve the issue?

Appreciate your genious minds for help!
C

More Info:
I heard that Access running in a 32 bit OS handles closing connections better than if running the 32 bit app on a 64 bit OS machine. Has anyone ever encountered this? I have 12 queries that use all local tables except that they are each appending records to their own backend database (12 backends). In this situation is the Access error "System Resource Exceeded" being caused due to Access running under 64 bit and are there any settings or additional code that can be used to resolve and getting this error? I am now running the code with "On Error Resume Next" prior to starting the queries and it is now running and appending the records to the backends. I don't think it is a good idea to do this in the event I do run into a real error at some point.

Any advise would be appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back