Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

308EC WILL NOT COMMUNICATE 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

hankg

Programmer
Jan 24, 2007
US
Good evening team.

I install a 509 processor and a 308EC all I get from the 308ec is couple quick flashing green light and it goes off and I can not get a dial tone from the expansion ports. Any ideas from you guys?

And if your using a 5 Slot carrier is it a 103H5 version (Grey half depth version)?

Geeze, it makes no difference what carrier he is using...

Make sure that both modules are seated properly. Pull them out and push! If that doesn't work then you have problems.

-Hal

Geeze, it makes no difference what carrier he is using..."

Sorry for asking for an equipment list. I just thought it would be easier to help if I knew what equipment was being used.

Why do you continue to post if you never have anything usefulto say??????????????????????????

I see Hal on Sundance all the time, where he uses "I gotta get out of this business" as a tag line (which I find funny).

He posts very helpful information, but he's got a slight east coast brashness to him. If you can get used to his style, you'll find that he has a certain flair about getting to the bottom of a problem immediately.

Makes no Difference on the carrier?
Per the last time I talked to Tier 2 support on a partner issue, The new generation Modules are expected to be running on the 103h5 Back planes due to additional communications traces in the backplane.
Get a T-1 Module to run clean on a 103F15 Carrier and then tell me its not a difference.

Fantastic information; you've got my vote!

However, is there any difference with the physical fit of the modules between the backplanes? I'm curious too if you feel that these additional wire traces would affect the old 308EC.

The New carriers are fully Backwards compatiable as far as Ive noticed and read.
The Fit of the cards, gap between them, is a cooling benefit.
The Old 308 EC's arnt really that old compared to say a 206. At least the 308's are still produced.

If you do not have first hand experience solving the problems posted please do not add your two cents. That's the problem with this board.

Skyrunner, last I looked the OP is not using a T1 mod and as an Avaya BP I have not heard of what you are talking about. That doesn’t mean that you are not correct, but that has NO bearing in this problem. He can use ANY carrier with what he has except the old pre ACS 2 slot which just won't fit.

I am sure at this point that this is a common problem that happens all the time with all carriers and will cause the symptoms described. One or more mods are not in all the way. True, the newer 5 slot carriers are more prone to this because the mods are spaced a little farther apart and don't slide into one another as with the older 5 slots. I agree they can be a real pain but the problem is the same.

Obviously the OP is not very knowledgeable and an end user and if you are going to throw all kinds of misinformation at him he is going to be even more confused. Lets rule out the most likely cause before getting into any other possibilities.

-Hal

>>Lets rule out the most likely cause before getting into >>any other possibilities.

IE: The reason I asked if the carrier was a 103H5, They are PRONE to bad seating, the reason I went off on the tangent was becouse SOMEONE stated "Geeze, it makes no difference what carrier he is using..."

Which as you just stated "True, the newer 5 slot carriers are more prone to this because the mods are spaced a little farther apart and don't slide into one another as with the older 5 slots." There for, the question I asked WAS the basis of which carrier he was using!

And as for experience, Sorry, Ive only been doing these systems since 1999, guess thats not enought to try and help someone out.....

OK, let's cut the crap. Poor hankg keeps getting email notifications every time someone throws mud. You both have fine positions, and were both awarded some recognition for such.

Any more of this and I'll red-flag this post myself. There are no moderators on this forum; we are expected to act professional. I've been personally attacked myself, and I understand the urge to defend oneself. But the best way to do this is to let those posts alone so that any mean-spirited intent will stand obvious to other readers.

Let folks like TouchToneTommy be your guide. People like him never, ever engage in this kind of banter...even in the face of a snub or slight. It also helps to remember that these posts are indexed by Google. Anyone initially attracted to a help forum like Tek-Tips would likely be turned off after discovering an exchange like this. So no more, please.

DAGWOOD

Thanks for that. We are all usually just trying to help out. and everyone needs to remember that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back