Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

308 ACS issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

keytel

Vendor
Dec 11, 2003
US
Here's what I got. An ACS 308 processor rel 6.0 and a 206 expansion card in a 2 slot carrier. Customer called - line 4 not working and extension 18 dead. Go to jobsite and as assumed no lights on 206 card. Brought card back to office and installed new power supply, tested fine. Back to job, installed it, light came on but there was horrendous static on the lines and extensions. Ordered a brand "new" 206 card, tested it in office - clear as a bell on all ports.
Back to jobsite, installed it and same damn thing!! The 308 is functioning fine by itself. The 206 card works fine on my test unit but when I marry the 2 problems start. Even tried a different 2 slot carrier but no change. I am beginning to think the processor could be at fault. Anyone have any other opinions? Also whilst both were hooked up, I removed all the lines and extensions one by one to see if they were causing the issue. No difference. Please help, one of these customers who thinks the world has come to an end just because they are without 1 line and 1 extension.

Ordered a brand "new" 206 card,
206 was discontinued quite a while back , so you got a refurb

is it a actual rel6 206 or one that has been flashed to rel 6 ?

from your description its either the carrier or the ACS . I'm betting the ACS is going out

How is the ground? try it both connected, and disconnected.

Where did this ACS come from? Can you tell us the part number on the side (for example 103Gxxx). I am wondering if it could be one of the SOE non expandable ACS processors which I don't belive you can add any module to.

The SOE units I have still say R6 when you hit Feature 59. They also take all programming as if they can use it, but when you add them to a 2 or 5 slot carrier, the other mods blink for a sec and don't come up.

Just a thought.

Mike

[qutoe] I am wondering if it could be one of the SOE non expandable ACS processors which I don't belive you can add any module to. [/quote]

then it never would have worked , right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back