Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3006: The MicroKernel router detected an invalid session

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
I have a customer using P.sql 9.5 and they have been getting this error at most of their workstations.

This "reminds" me of an issue I had several years ago where connections kept dropping. This time (Pervasive 7 I think) the error was 95 - Session no longer valid. In this case we checked hardware - NICs, cables, routers, hubs, etc. and eventually found it.

Are these errors similar? Is there anything else that can cause this besides hardware issues?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I would suspect hardware, bad server NIC or router/hub.
You can reinstall Pervasive server just to eliminate that as a cause.

Yes we have already done this and Pervasive passed all system tests.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

They are similar. A few questions:
- What's in the PVSW.LOG for both the client and server?
- Can you make the 3006 happen? For example, does it happen when the application is left idle for some amount of time?
- Are the workstations where the error occurs laptops or desktops?

Mirtheil
Certified Pervasive Developer
Certified Pervasive Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back