Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

300 gl tape backup issues "HP drive on winNT "

Status
Not open for further replies.

cid1

MIS
Jun 5, 2001
US
I am installing a HP 8 gig backup into a IBM 300gl pentium 3 pc. The box has windows NT on it. Here is my issue. I am connecting the Tape drive to the secondary bus controller as a slave to the cd rom. my jumper settings are correct because the drive is found in bios, NT, and HP. Everytime I try to start my backup I have a "read write" error due to "invalid media". I cannot even initalize a new tape. The light on the drive blinks but it does not even wind to the beginning of the tape when I put a new one in. I am using the correct media, and I have replaced the current drive with two different ones that work on other machines. But I still have the same result. Does anyone have any soulutions or helpful input to locate the problem? Or would I need to reload NT alltogether?

signed,

very frustrated with this peice of crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back