Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 problems here

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardtisdale

Programmer
May 30, 2000
US
I have been having this problem since I decided to put my compilers in a seperate partition. I don't think that that has a single thing to do with why I get this error. I remember specifically downloading the newest version of java development kit and also I would not have named the file 1.3 if it were not. (I believe I remember that it converts to 1.3 through a plug-in. I can try to reinstall the plug-in.) <br><br>Microsoft(R) Windows 98 (C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1981-1998. <br><br>C:\WINDOWS&gt;e: <br><br>E:\&gt;cd javadk1.3\bin <br><br>E:\JAVADK1.3\BIN&gt;javac d:\java\shoppingcart Registry key 'Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment\CurrentVersion' has value '1.2', but '1.3' is required. <br><br>The dll might have something to do with it. Where is it supposed to be? My &quot;compiler&quot; partition looks like this: Compilers (E:) <br><br>bin classes DevStudio Isu Javadk1.3 Jre lib Masm611 Microsoft Platform SDK Msdnhelp Perl plugins_Addins Readmes tmp vb5cce xml4j <br><br>Should it be in Javadk1.3\bin? it is not. <br><br>Error: could not find java.dll <br><br>This next error: Is it a classpath problem? Should I reinstall Jre? Error: could not find Java 2 Runtime Environment. <br><br><br><br>Edward Tisdale<br><A HREF=" TARGET="_new">

now this: <br><br>E:\jdk1.3&gt;cd bin <br><br>E:\jdk1.3\bin&gt;javac d:\Java\shoppingcart.java d:\Java\shoppingcart.java:3: 'class' or 'interface' expected<br>public void doPost(HttpServletRequest request, <br><br>^ 1 error <br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back