Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 pages in a single pdf file page

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuca

Technical User
Mar 16, 2004
BR
Hi everyone

I have an indesign CS file wich the page size is 12,7 x 12 cm. I´d like to create a pdf from this file with tree pages in a single A3. I mean, i want to arrange 3 pages of my file in a single sheet of paper when i print it. Is it possible?
I´m using window XP.

thanks

Are these three pages the same? If so, design as a single page layout, export a PDF file and manually impose in a new A3 INDD file. Export your final, imposed PDF file.

First of all thanks for your reply.
I think i should´ve been more specific.
Sorry but the page size is wrong. Actually it´s 26,7 x 12 cm.
The tree pages aren´t the same. I have 18 different pages. So i´d have 6 A3.
But my objective is to be able to create, from a single Indd file, a web pdf (with 18 single pages with the same size as the original file) and a print pdf (with 6 A3 pages each one containing 3 pages from the original). That´s the reason why recrating the file wouldn´t work.
CorelDraw has this kind of imposing and it´s quite simple to do. I wonder if Indd has anything similar.
That´s it.
Certainly You´ve already noted that english isn´t my native language. I feel like i´ve done lots of gramatical mistakes above... :)
sorry

Thank you again!

'InBooklet SE' was part of the optional PageMaker plugin pack for CS1. It will not be found on the CD unless you purchased the optional plugin pack.

You can also obtain InBooklet from alap.com

There are free imposition scripts at but they will not have the features of full imposition software.

InBooklet was also included with the deluxe Creative Suite 1. Don't know about the regular Creative Suite. It was a separate cd with a separate registration number, but was included in the box of cds.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

I think InBooklet SE was only included with the professional (not standard) version of CS1 on a limited scale. I forget if it was those that bought early or late that lucked out. It did not come in my pro version but I already had the full version from a separate purchase.

You could open the 3 PDF documents in Photoshop and cut and paste them into a new document that's the page size you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back