Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 good questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

g3si

MIS
May 9, 2002
I have been asked a few things from our helpdesk and thought someone might have some insight:

1. Can an agent put an ACD call on hold and take another ACD call? My first reaction is this probably doesnt work that way.

2. Can the phone system or CMS be programmed with the ability to alert (call out, page) when a given threshold is met? Although I am familiar with outcalling, I never heard of this used this way.

3. They are requesting a primary account be queued and then go through 3 backup splits with certain criteria. The way I understand it is that the most I can queue is 3 times, then it simply doesnt queue, but passes on through the vector. With this format, there are 4 queues. Primary and 3 backup. Is this possible?

g3si v.11/CMS v.11

G3si Guy

I can answer the first. When the agent puts a call on hold, the switch regards the agent as being in an AUX state so it cant deliver more ACD calls to that agent.

Not sure about the other stuff though, good luck! John
ski_69@hotmail.com

There is a spot on the hunt/split form that when a callgoes over either a
Call Warning Threshold or a
Time Warning Threshold (by number or calls/or seconds) you can send it out to a anlog line port or extension.
I've never used it that way, we just have queue lamps on the supervisors phones and when it goes over a cert number of calls in queue, the lamp will light and then blink as the number increases.
-Jay

1) Not unless you enable mutiple-call handling (forced or on-request). On-request allows the user to press the button and take another call from the queue.

2) No. You can however setup CMS exceptions or an external device like a bell or strobe to alert when a threshold is exceeded.

3) Try using the "check backup skill" instead of "queue-to" to avoid queuing unnecessarily. -CL

1:
You can configure Multiple Call Handling.

On page two of the hunt group form, set Multiple call handling to either:
many-forced
one-forced
one-per-skill
on-request

Depending on which setting you use above, the agent will either be forced to take another ACD call, or they will have to request one by placing the current call on hold, then dialing the FAC for auto-in/manual-in or the auto-in/manual-in button if programmed.

-Keith-

-Keith-

Here's an excerpt from the manual:

Multiple Call Handling (MCH)

A feature that allows a single agent to handle multiple ACD and/or non-ACD calls simultaneously. All but one of the calls must be on hold and only one call can be ringing. There are four types of Multiple Call Handling, each of which provides an alternative definition of an available agent as follows:

• On-request: An agent is considered available if all calls are on hold, an unrestricted call appearance is available, and the agent requests an ACD call by pressing the AI or MI button.

• Many-forced: An agent is considered available if an unrestricted call appearance is available and the agent is in the AI or MI work mode.

• One-forced: An agent is considered available if no ACD calls are ringing, active, or on hold, an unrestricted call appearance is available, and the agent is in the AI or MI work mode.

• One-per-skill: An agent is considered available for a skill if an unrestricted call appearance is available and the agent is in the AI or MI work mode and is not currently handling a call for the skill.

excellent replies all! Very helpful.

One thing, I am still somewhat confused on the check skill command. It seems like I tried it and it ended up queueing the calls anyway (up to three). What should a typical line look like for this? ie.. check skill xx pri m if available agents > x? So basically does this check for available agents at that moment in xx skill, without actually queuing? G3si Guy

Check skill xx pri m if available agents > 2

This command is the same as Queue to skill xx pri m if there are more than 2 agents available. Otherwise the command is ignored.

Ronster

lopes1211

We are trying to set the threshold via CMS to play continuously while the threshold is breached, instead of a one off indication, and then stop when it is below the threshols, any ideas howwe can do this?

Comment on the alerting-question:

If I am correct, there is an Avaya-PSO pager-application for CMS which can monitor things and alert a pager. Also, with use of an IVR-system this is possible (expensive if you do not already have one).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back