Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 extensions with calls going to VM after 1st ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

tone70

Technical User
Dec 14, 2007
US
Good afternoon, I have a location who reported that 3 extensions calls go to VM after the 1st ring. I've checked the usual suspects, SAC, call forward, coverage path linkage, etc., but don't see anything out of the ordinary. This is a Prologix V9 w/Definity Audix. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance.

Put a trace up on the station and dial the extension. If it is an x-ported station it will go directly to cover.

Kevin

Not a x-ported station, performed a trace, call comes in, 1 ring, then hits an Audix port. Forgot to mention that the common denominator between the 3 stations is they all have a bridged appearance of each other & they're all in the same call-pickup group.

Yes they do. It's a relatively small site, so the only coverage path is for voicemail.

Can you paste the active coverage path here please. Do these 3 stations have dual coverage paths?

display coverage path 1
COVERAGE PATH

Coverage Path Number: 1
Hunt after Coverage? n
Next Path Number: Linkage

COVERAGE CRITERIA

Station/Group Status Inside Call Outside Call
Active? n n
Busy? y y
Don't Answer? y y Number of Rings: 3
All? n n
DND/SAC/Goto Cover? y y

COVERAGE POINTS

Terminate to Coverage Pts. with Bridged Appearances? n

Point1: h99 Point2: Point3:
Point4: Point5: Point6:

What does 'status station' show. Is the board that they are connected to okay?

Yep, circuit pack is ok, as I've called and spoken with the users. Didn't test it as it's still business hours.

I would check the pick-up group. Can you remove one of the extensions from the group and see what happens?

Do you have an assigned button for the pickup group on one of the phones? I think you have to have at least one phone with the button in order to make it ring normal.

Can you post the a trace, and a status of one of the stations.

Have the users confirmed they've got dialtone on the phone? And if they call you from the phone does it display the expected number? Not sure if you are actually at the location, but wouldn't be the first time users have not realised the number on the phone is actually wrong (wasted 2 hours like this once before!).

Had similar where the display was lit (IP phone), but no dialtone. Even when rebooted, the phone still failed to generate dialtone, but had full working display. Knock on was the phone covering to VM. Had to delete and recreate the station (assumed a database corruption in the end).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back