Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 DLL files missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nando21

Technical User
Jan 1, 2003
US
I am having problems with autoCAD2002. I received a message saying that 3 dll files are missing.

acdb15.dll
acrx15.dll
acutil15.dll

Can someone give me the URL the files can be downloaded from?

Thankyou

(Take it from autodesk page support):
This problem occurs when you start the program on a computer where both of the following conditions exist:
The path statement in the autoexec.bat file (added during the installation of the Norton Antivirus 2003 program) was removed or modified after installation.
The number of characters in the path statement exceeds the limit allowed for characters in a path in the Windows® 95, Windows 98 or Windows Me registries.

Solution:
Use one of the following methods to correct the path statements:

Method #1

Correct the path statement in the autoexec.bat file to point to C:\progra~1\common~1\autode~1, and then restart the computer.

Note: To correct the path statement in the Windows Me operating system, on the Start menu (Windows), click Run, and in the Run dialog box enter msconfig in the Open box. On the Environment tab, click New or Edit.
Method #2

During installation, shorten the directory names for the Autodesk software. For example, change the default directory, c:\program files\acad2000, to c:\acad2000

Look the Autodesk support page

I have another method,

The files are not missing, certainly they are in c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared folder, only put a copy of the files in the c:\program files\autocad 2002 folder

and ready!!

Tlapali
best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back