Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3 Concurent License Performance Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

computergeek

Programmer
May 23, 2001
CA
Hello,

We are currenly running Crystal Reports 8, and moving towards Crystal Reports 11. We have a number of IIS Web Applications that reside on a web server that invoke CR by using the RDC method.

From what I have read, I believe that this upgrade will limit us to 3 concurrent process licenses. I have also read that the 4th request will be queued and wait for the Crystal Reports engine to complete... this could cause performance issues based on the length of time each of the existing reports takes to process.

So,before moving ahead with the upgrade I would like to test what impact the upgrade will have on our Web applications. Can anyone suggest a testing method or tool that would prove that the Crystal Report engine is in fact queuing these requests, and would show what the impact would be when the number of requests go up.

Has anyone else performed this type of testing? What were your results?

Thanks,
Computergeek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back