Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.7 HDD issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsaad

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2002
US
I have a system no Call pilot working no LAN access, no serial port access. On bootup I hear 3 beeps 1 beep, 1 beep and then 2 beeps. New HDD did not resolve the issue.

Please refer to page 266 for the LED boot up lights. My thoughts are that you might have a faulty power unit?. You say that you can't use the serial port?. Are you using a null modem adapter?.

The 3.7 software was based on Windows NT and it takes a few minutes until you see any messages on the serial port unlike the 4.0 which was Linux.

Is the system working in basic mode assuming that they have wired phones and traditional trunks?. If this is the case, then the power unit is OK.

As a rule, I used to open up the main case and get it cleaned out and reconnect all the cables and they tend to get full of dust and muck. I was able to get systems running again in some cases. Check the fans are working and clear. These systems are pretty old now and they do need some care and attention from time to time.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Slide the BFT out and see if the caps look like they are exploding.
Usually when the phones are good and the rest not it's the HD, BFT or Power Supply.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Caps are good. Will try Power supply. Phones and trunks are A-OK. No Lan, No serial, no VM.

A new power supply fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back