Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.7 BCM 200's rebooting (or something) by themselves

Status
Not open for further replies.

owee69

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
US
I have 2 3.7 BCM 200's at different sites that reboot on their own when I try to access the Unified Manager. These were purchased from our supplier at the same time, and one was working fine for about 3 weeks and the other one for about a week. They may not actually be rebooting, but the LED's all flash (all the ones that flash during boot) and the LAN connection goes out, then comes back. Sometimes the CallPilot comes back up just fine, and other times I have to cycle the power to get it back up. The phones never go out since they are all digital and not IP. Anyone else ever seen this?

Some BCM 200's and 400's had bad CAP's on the motherboards and needed them replaced, telephony keeps working but system reboots. I have had Nortel replace 2 BASE SYSTEM TRAYS so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back