Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.5 mm Audio mini imput Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

trybry

Technical User
Jan 10, 2004
US
Hi,

I looking for a 3.5 mm (mini jack) input cable to my laptop.
I have an input jack that supports a 3.5 stereo 2v rms male plug.
I also want on the other end of the cable, is a Rca (?) stereo jack (also male).

The reason I placed my post here is that I hope someone knows about this kind of cable.

I have a large collection of Wax recordings that I want to burn to a CD-R disks.

I apologize, if this thread was placed in the wrong category.

As always any and all help is appreciated.

Thanks

First, you need a program to convert the audio signal from analog (records) to digital (computer). I have one called "Music CD Recorder" by Data Becker. The advantage of this one is that you connect directly from the speakers to the computer input. (Others you have to go a "pre-amp" route, and worry about impedence matching.) For a cable, you need a cable RCA to RCA, or 3.5 to 3.5, and an adapter to convert one end to what you need for the other end. We call them "tweeners". Goes "between" cable and input. Take your laptop to any audio shop, and they can fix you up with a cable and adapter. Just make sure it is a shielded cable, and not a plain speaker extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back