Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

3.1 Publication Questions/Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstieg

Technical User
Nov 5, 2010
US
I have 19 reports that get sent to approx 186 different email addresses, each report can go to multiple emails and each email address can receive multiple reports. End result is approximately 7400 monthly instances and 12000 weekly instances.

Most of the reports have parameters, some static, some dynamic, some have none. Of the reports that are dynamic.... the prompt for clientclass is on almost all of the reports asking for prompts.

I have created a dynamic recipient universe/webi report that has the recipient email address as they are all external contacts and not set up in BO. This includes facility code, facility name, recipient name & recipient email.

I am getting ready to create a publication and here is my question.... is the best way to go at this at the report or email address level... meaning... should i create a publication for each report with a profile for the dynamic recipients or for each email recipeint???

Also... does timeframe matter, some are monthly some are weekly, can that be handled in one publication, also some pdf, some excel can that be handled in one publication???

For example... I have

1 report for 32 facilities goes to 45 different emails can be either monthly or weekly
1 report for 63 facilities goes to 88 different emails can be either monthly or weekly

OR

1 person gets 9 reports for 9 different facilities can be either monthly or weekly

etc....

Is 3.1 publication capable of the above??? If so I would WELCOME any opinions on the best way to go about this.

Just trying to figure out the most efficient way of setting this up for both ourselves and the clients, some receive upwards of 20 rpt emails a week and yet we would like to create the minimal amount of schedules possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back