Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2U rackmount servers for backup server-best choices?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markm75

IS-IT--Management
Oct 12, 2006
US
Does anyone know of some good 2u rackmount servers out there, ones with 8 removable bays and SATAII/NCQ ability and at least a 500watt psu (for Xeon Woodcrest)?

Here are the two I was considering.. I'm hoping the SuperMicro will take an Asus DSBV-D motherboard, though they state they only support SuperMicro boards officially...

Both models support NCQ, though the supermicro takes low profile cards, while the Rackmountpro one only does a riser with a mere 3 slots available (plus $70 for riser and $40 for the rail kit)...

I'm starting to think the Supermicro is the better bet, though we have used the other brand in the past with great success.

Here they are:

Thoughts on these or other brands I may not have considered?

They have to have the 8 removable SATAII/ncq bays though.

I hadnt considered prefab systems.. though perhaps I should as well? My total cost for this system is between $3400 and $3600 as of now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back