Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2nd Server - Moving OWA from old to new..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1lby

MIS
Oct 1, 2001
GB
Hi,
I have an existing single Exchange 2003 server hosting all Exchange services. - all working fine.

I've built a new server (Exchange 2007) & added it to the domain - all working fine.

I am aware that only 1 server can host OWA in a domain. moving the mailboxes over to the new server is all fine. But OWA doesn't work on the Exchange 2007 box, only on the old 2003 server.
Does anyone know how to 'move' OWA so it will work on the new 2007 server while 'removing' OWA from the old server? I can't seem to find any method of doing this...

Kindest Regards

Phil B

So - the "new" server has the Client Access Server role installed, and when you go to nothing happens?

You need to provide a LOT more info than what you have.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

As long as the exchange servers are in the same organisation you can give everyone the 2007 owa address and it will service the 2003 users as well.

The /exchange has to be url not /owa thou.

Cheers

That will play but only internally unless both servers get published externally.

Definitively works fine externally to, I've done a few upgrade projects and externally works fine to as long as you have the old 2003 paths published to 2007 on isa.

Seems to be a common misconceptions but implementation and testing has proved otherwise

I've got a 2003 / 2007 interop and if your mailbox is on the one that isn't published externally, you fail to swap. Internally is of course fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back