Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2nd policy settings aren't taking effect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moscerino

Technical User
Nov 7, 2001
RU
Hi all

I've the following problem:

I've created a list of OU's divided by work areas. Under each OU's there are 2 OU's called Computers and Users (wich are the computers and users of that work area).
Now I'm trying to set group policies to these OU's, one on Computers and one on Users.
For users, I haven't encountered problems.
For Computers, I set the computer settings policy "deny logon locally" to the computers on work area 1 and it has been applied succesfully.
The problem is:
I've tried to set the same policy to the computers OU of another work area but it doesn't work!! Policy doesn't take effects. I made the same steps of the other policy that works perfectly (such as give read/apply gpo permission to the group of computer that I want to apply the policy to...)..
On the computers event viewer I've found EventID 1000 Userenv ("the Group policy client-side extension security was passed flags (1) a returned a failure status code of (13)" or "the Group policy client-side extension security was passed flags (17) a returned a failure status code of (13)") and the related warning occurring every 2 hours.

Does anyone know why I cannot set a machine policy even if I've already set another one identical??

thanks for your help..

mosce

Did you find a solution to your problem?
I'm havinbg the same problem with my network

CHECK FOR POWER USERS WHO ARE ASSIGNED TO ANY POLICY IN THE LOCAL SECURITY SETTINGS AND REMOVE THEM.

CHECKED FOR POWER USERS WHO ARE ASSIGNED TO ANY POLICY IN THE LOCAL SECURITY SETTINGS AND REMOVED THEM.
Still no luck, Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back