Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2nd E2K Install in same domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

danofre

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
US
I want to transfer the databases to a newer server. Can I install E2K on a second server named CMD6 and not interrupt the first server?
I want to get it running and all pathced up and backing up properly and then move the databases and down the old server.

I will then change the MX records to point from the old server called "mail" to "CMD6" so the clients are looking for the correct server.
Can I have 2 exchange boxes in the same domain?

I had exchange 2k standard running and needed to upgrade to exchange 2k enterprise. I just set-up a new server added it to the domain and did a DCPROMO on it. Once I knew all my domain controllers had replicated. I installed exchange on the new server. I then moved over all the mailboxes and public folders to the new server. After a few days I demoted the old exchange server and removed it from the domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back