Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2MB exe for a 2G install

Status
Not open for further replies.

zereack

Programmer
Feb 18, 2005
US
ok I’m using wise 9.0 , I was basically handed this and told "learn it" ...

I have been playing with it for 2 days now and I have a nice package setup that runs through the test no problem BUT , when I try to compile it , it spends a good 30 mins compressing all the files and creating the setup.exe , except the exe is 2MB , if I run the exe with the /x flag ( extract ) I get the error file size expected 1300MB actual file 2.7MB ( not word for word , but you get the idea ).
I have tried to do a network distribute to an exe with the same results , I have tried to tell it to limit to cd size in hopes it would create 3 cd files , I’m running out of things to do.
what I cant understand is where is it compressing these files?!? it spends a good 30 mins adding files to the exe and the exe is only 2.7MB , nothing compresses THAT good .. so I’m left to believe that something in the package is looking at the original place the files are and not in the exe.
has anyone run across this or am I just doing something so blaringly obvious that no one else has even thought to do it?

Have you tried to compile the package where the source files reside in their own folder and the msi/exe simply calls these files.

I don't know if there are size limitations for exe's in this version of wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back