Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2DT on ATA?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevcomm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2006
Ok...

I am at my last grey hair here.

Customer has a MICS 7.1... just added PRI & 2 ATA's (2 fax machines)

I have 9 > destination code 001 with 2DT.. works great from the 7316e handsets... not the ATA's

is there no 2nd dialtone on ATA? THey have 2 expensive copier / faxes (toshiba estudio 520) and I can't find where to auto-dial a 9 in there, and they wait for dial-tone.

oh, and customer doesn't want to dial "9" either. POTS lines here we come?!?!?!

matt
call even tonight, please!

I would just tell the customer to get over it and learn to dial a 9. I do this at my office on a Norstar with PRI and it doesn't bother me. There is no second outside dialtone. Unless you are dialing a 9 with POTS line pools on a Norstar, there is no second dialtone for a Norstar with a PRI. Just the main internal dialtone for everything.

John Panzer

I have 2nd dial-tone already from the handsets....

I just can't get it on the ATAs

ATA
Assign 2 intercoms
Access to Pool
Prime Line is your Pool
In capabilities/hotline/external enter a pause (F78) and a 9 only if needed.

there very much indeed is a prompt for second dial tone and it works well, i believe it's been around since 6.1 or so. I know you said that your getting the 2DT on your 16's but not your ata's that sounds kind of strange since they are both using the same route & dest...have you tested it with your butt set to see if you hear any DT?

Listen to Curly, use Hotline and insert 9.

Adversity is Opportunity

so it's a pause then 9?

thats the secret...

thanks for all of your help!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back