Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2D Graphics failure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtboulder

Technical User
Sep 16, 2003
US
Thanks for looking at this post. I've been working on a random freeze issue for a few weeks. I finally downloaded "BurnInTest" from Passmark software. I am getting a corrupt memory error on the 2D graphics test. 3D passes fine as do all other tests. My guess is that I need a new graphics card. I have a MSI nVidia MX440-T8X.

The MB is a ECS L4S8A2 and does not seem to have any onboard graphics memory.

Any opinions on this? Thanks.

I read a bit on your board here:
and from what I can see, you have 8x AGP support so any board you want is good. Go for the best and have fun. Personally I like ATI but you'll have a bunch of Nvidia people saying that's better so... lol

I ahve a 9500Pro 128Mb that plays everything perfectly. If your into the gaming end of things, you might shop for a Direct X 9 compatable boaurd like the newer ATI boards so you get great graphics for new releases like Half Life 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back