Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2950G Dropping Netwrk connections to all hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bantrab

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2003
GT
Hello all. I have a cisco 2950G switch, all my software development departament is connected to it. they have several telnet and ORACLE connections to my servers. the problems is that in some point it seems to flush all the network connections. All computers are disconnected from the Application with no reason. I'm running
C2950 Software (C2950-I6Q4L2-M), Version 12.1(9)EA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE, can someone tell me if this is a common switch problems in this switches or what could it be.

thanks in advance

Gerardo

The answer is no this is not common . We have quite a few of these installed and have not heard of any problem with these so far . I would look at the common points of failures like uplinks to the router etc ... What are your logs saying in your switch and also anything in the logs on the router side ?

at that level of ios i am surpised you're seeing outages.
i have seen that type of problem with 2950s, although not with that version, but rather the original code which was something like a 12.0.5 level. an assoicate said that cisco works caused switch outages and he had to upgrade the switch ios, but ironically he upgraded to the level you are using.

what if you have a switch(es) with old ios in the same VTP domain, perhaps they could flake out and take the rest of the community with them.

- goodluck

Do a "show interface" and see if there are any error readings. Also... See if the link is going down by looking at "show logging".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back