Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2950G Cisco ios Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

bantrab

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2003
GT
Hello All. I have a Cisco 2950G switch, with ios:

C2950 Software (C2950-I6Q4L2-M), Version 12.1(9)EA1, RELEASE SOFTWARE

I have to upgrade all my switches to the newer version, the thing is that I don't know how and what file should I choose, that's because I have found several versions of cisco IOS over the internet. What is the latest version or better where can I found the latest cisco ios version in order to upgrade all my switches.

thanks in advance.

Gerardo

If this is a new switch under warrenty you are having problems with, TAC can get you access to the IOS.
If it's out of warrenty, I believe you'll need a CCO account or maint aggreement to get an upgrade.

Looks like c2950-i6q4l2-tar.121-12c.EA1.tar is the only one available from the site. There apparently is a 12.1.14 version out.

Current IOS release for 2950 is 12.1(19)EA1a. This is available in Standard Image (SI) or Enhanced Image (EI). SI images support QoS & Security (ACLs) at Layer-2 only. The EI image supports advanced QoS & ACLs based on Layer-2 through Layer-4. Both images are also available with 3DES Cryptographic Software as well, this basically adds SSH support.
All images are available as either just the IOS software image or a compressed (.TAR) file that contains the IOS image and the HTML-based CMS management software.

Without a valid CCO account with download privileges you can only download 12.1(12c)EA1. I would contact either your supplier or the TAC for the latest image.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back