Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2950 lockups

Status
Not open for further replies.

normntwrk

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
Has anyone else out there been expieriencing ramdom lockups with their 2950's ? Nothing in error logs, black screen on console.

I have had two of ours do this, one has Raid1 and Raid5 the other just has Raid1 ...Perc 5i controller. They have the lastest Raid drivers, MS 2003 R2 service pack2, updates etc.

My son has 3 new 2950's that exhibit similar behavior, running Centos 5.2 on two of them and Win2003 on the other. The Win2003 locks up on boot up, Dell has had him re-install Windows 6 times. Rather frustrating for sure.

Hi

We have hundreds of them and they never miss a beat, how is your power ?
Dirty power could explain the lockup's.
Also, their are leds on the front of the server which change colour if an internal error has occured, one is for power.
Dell normally have you run their utilities to determine if there are any problems, have you done this?
If you don't get satisfaction with the techo, ask it be escalated as you have multiple machine with multiple OS all displaying simiar probs.

Regards

Dave

Power is good, comes through Smart UPS and no indicator lights are abnormal.

Dell was supposed to come in yesterday to replace the Motherboard but it didn't arrive.

Thamks for replying

Norm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back