Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2924XL Switch Rebooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

OzMutley

IS-IT--Management
Jul 30, 2002
AU
I have a stange problem with a Cisco 2924XL switch. During normal usage everything is fine but when I access the built-in management features of the switch through HTTP, the switch continously reboots every 1-2 minutes. The IOS was upgraded to the latest version but the problem still exists.

Having a console connection to it when it reboots, an error message appears - Exception (1536)! Alignment Error - followed by a memory dump.
Does anybody know what this error message means and how to fix it ?

When you upgraded the IOS did you copy down the latest HTML files to the flash??
Note: if you just download the .BIN file there are no HTML files. You must download the .TAR file and extract the HTML.

What version IOS are you now on.

The Cisco 2950s had a similar problem where they rebooted when you use SNMP get messages. I upgraded to 12.1(9)EA1 and the reboots stop. However spanning tree is then unreliable!! Great !!

Cheers

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back