Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2924-XL port problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddebrock

Technical User
Jun 4, 2003
US
I have a Cisco 2924-XL that started giving me a ton of problems. I took it off the network and now I'm trying to see if I can get it functioning properly. The main problem I'm having now is I can't get it to give me a link up less the connection is there before I boot it up. Also if I have a connection when I boot it up, the green link light will stay on even if I unplug the cable. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Don't mean to sound flipant but give it back to cisco for a replacement. Even if it started working again now I for one would not want it back on my LAN.

I would but I don't think we have kept the service contracts on our equipment.

Still have the problem with the switch if you wipe out any config and set it back to factory default?

As long as it was bought with CIS support (bare bones cisco warranty) they are covered for life. This is now being phased out and all new cisco parts are being sold with SIS which will have to be paid each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back