Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2905 dropping connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhurst925

IS-IT--Management
Jan 5, 2006
US
I'm not sure what to do about this. I have a 2950 that keeps dropping the port that my INET is feeding into sporadically throughout today. When it drops the connection i have to move it to a different port and then it works again. However, the port that I moved it out of does not function anymore, even if I move a connection that I knowed worked into it. The other item is that I did not set up this switch and cannot determine the ip address for it, even after running routing tables. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Can you paste a copy of the switch's running config please ("show run").

Also do you see anything meaningful in the switch's log ("show log").

How do you normally get the original switch port working again? By rebooting the switch?

Are you taking any kind of errors on the interface . Is it possible that the switch err-disabled the port . Did you try to shut then no shut the port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back