Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2900XL html/Java-management problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapzu

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
FI
Hi,

I bought Catalyst 2924XL switch and am trying to start learning it. ;-)

The first problem I have is that the java-management doesn't work that well. With all but Netscape 6.2 (and I've tried IE 5.0-6.0, opera, older Netscapes, etc.) keep asking me the password again and again.

If I keep entering it, the console will eventually load and I can use it, but typing the passwd in every second minute is harassing. With Netscape 6.2 it works just fine, except the bandwidth graphs.

With "show version" -command I got the following output. Is there perhaps a newer firmware available or is there anything else I should figure out or know?

--
kytkytin>show version
Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
IOS (tm) C2900XL Software (C2900XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5.2)XU, MAINTENANCE INTERIM SOFTWARE
Copyright (c) 1986-2000 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Mon 17-Jul-00 17:35 by ayounes
Image text-base: 0x00003000, data-base: 0x00301F3C

ROM: Bootstrap program is C2900XL boot loader

kytkytin uptime is 3 days, 8 hours, 38 minutes
System returned to ROM by power-on
System restarted at 16:42:11 UTC Sat Jan 26 2002
System image file is "flash:c2900XL-c3h2s-mz-120.5.2-XU.bin"

cisco WS-C2924-XL (PowerPC403GA) processor (revision 0x11) with 8192K/1024K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID , with hardware revision 0x01
Last reset from power-on

Processor is running Enterprise Edition Software
Cluster command switch capable
Cluster member switch capable
24 FastEthernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)

32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory.
Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:02:B9:E2:A4:80
Configuration register is 0xF
--

Thank you in advance =),
-tapio

I think you might be having the same problem as me. I've been setting up the cluster management stuff with 3500 swicthes and they keep asking me to enter a username and password.

I was using IE 6 and Java plug-in 1.3. What was happening was that the Java authentication box would keep popping up again and again and would not let me into the switch. When I did a debug ip http authentication I found that it was asking me for authentication for every page/URL.

I downgraded to Java 1.2 and it now only asks me once for the password.

Yup thanks,
that did it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back