Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

290 test tomorrow - any tips other than the usual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gnwhite1201

Technical User
Jul 28, 2002
US
I am gearing up to takle the 290 tomorrrow. I understand that there are sims (4 or 5)and SUS is one of them... what are the others? And I have done some studying on SUS but according to MS it will no longer support SUS after this year.

Well I didn't quite make it yesterday on the test... was not as difficult or detailed as I thought it was going to be but I still failed. I now know what I need to study on. Will likely take it again in a couple of weeks.

gnwhite1201,

I wouldn't look at it as a failure, but rather a learning experience. Most people don't do as well on 70-290 as they'd like, and for most it's their first MCSA/MCSE exam (other than 70-210/70-270).

The next time you attempt this exam, you'll have a better idea of how the questions are worded, which is half the battle.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Is WSUS much different than SUS? Ive implemented WSUS at work and its pretty straightforward but would like to know if I need to know about SUS for the exam.

Free Computer Help and Tips:

I did the exam yesterday and passed but some of the questions were a little non-specific as to what they were asking..

I had one on sus which required me to set it up to connect to another etc via on the interactive question

wasisnt said:
would like to know if I need to know about SUS for the exam.

According to "Manage software update infrastructure" is a topic tested by the exam. This referred specifically to SUS when I took 70-290.

WSUS appears to be the same animal as SUS. The name was briefly changed to WUS in between.

Wishdiak
A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA: Security 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back