Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2616 gets answered like analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kornrows73

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2006
US
I have a DN that, while a user is using the phone another user can pick up the same DN on another phone and join/listen in, like it's an analog phone. The DN appears as both an Analog and Digital line. It is key 00 and key 01 on multiple phone and it appears as SCR on all phone. Is there something in the CLS that i overlooked? How do i make this stop being answered by more then one phone?

Change the analog phone to a digital one. If you have the same number on both an analog port and a digital on you will not have privacy.

Features and Service (book 3)
Look at the privacy feature.

"Mongo only pawn in game of life.

As per BkMesser

CLS
POD turns that off only on digital sets.
You probably show a MIX for analog/digital

You cannot have privacy if the dn appears on an analog set, if you want it you have to remove the dn from the analog phone.

This is one of the often-answered-wrong questions so everybody please take note.

You CAN have privacy with a mixed appearance of analog and digital/IP phones. Set CLS=MCRA (Multiple Call Arrangement Allowed) on the analog phone.

If you already have a mixed appearance in a SCR setting, you will need to out the appearance on the digital/IP set first, change the CLS on the analog set, and then reprogram the appearance on the digital/IP set as MCR.

You also lose the ability to put a call on hold and pick it up on another set with that DNs appearance without transfering.....

XHA/XHD Exclusive Hold Alowed/Denied

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

acewarlock, I though that was for MULTI Appearance Single call arrangments, not MCRs.....

always learning something new.....

It is only for SCR, MCR can not be put on hold and be picked up on any other MCR. I don't know if gwebster's answer of MCRA will make a difference, but I don't think you can have MCR on an analog phone.

Your telling me that if a MCR call is put on hold it will flash on all the other MCR Key's? What happens if another call comes in on that MCR DN?

No. I'm telling you that you can have an MCR arrangement with an analog phone and an TDM/IP Phone.

Where both talking about 2 different things, I was talking about Picking up a SCR on hold from any other phone with that SCR on it it you had CLS XHA.

mcr should never work like a party line... post both the analog and digital set..
Your telling me that if a MCR call is put on hold it will flash on all the other MCR Key's? What happens if another call comes in on that MCR DN?

i would have to see that one to

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back