Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2610 with T1 WIC card, Need WAN to ethernet...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homersim2600

Technical User
Dec 15, 2004
US
Hello, It seems that I have gotten myself into a bit of a pickle, and need a bit of help to get out.

I recently moved into a new office. The office told me that I would get a T1 line. I bought this Cisco 2610 with the T1 interface card so that I could connect to this T1 line. When I was having problems connecting I was told that while it was a T1 line "at the head", the connection that I would make was onto a subnet.

Now, I am stuck with an expensive router for a paper weight unless I can add an ethernet port that will do what the T1 card would do in the respect of interfacing, and isolating, my small network from their network. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality."--Albert Einstein

The WIC-1ENET is only supported in the 1700-series routers. You could get a NM-1E module, this is a NM-sized module (takes up the single 'big' slot on the left) and provides a single 10BaseT Ethernet interface (there is a NM-4E as well that has 4 10BaseT ports that will work also).
That seems to be the only way you could utilise the 2610 (I assume it is a 2610XM as the 2610 hasn't been available for a while).

HTH

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back