Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

256 character limit on reporting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboy9

Programmer
Jun 8, 2001
US
I'm trying to print one memo field on a report. (stretching w/ overflow is on) When I use a Courier New font, the whole thing prints, but when I use any other font, the report will print two lines just fine; I think they're less than 255 characters, but then the report quits printing after 255 characters of the third line, I think. First, is that right, and second, how can I correct this problem?

Thanks again!

Hi

It appears that you have to hack the report header.
You can use the code in this FAQ to hack the report header. After that recompile and try.

How to hack FRX file to strip printer driver information
faq184-581

:)

Hi Ramani - unfortunatly, this didn't work all too well, you see I have to *really* squeeze in all of this information into one page. (and it's been done before, but it hasn't been done with VFP8SP1 yet) Apparently if any line is greater than 255 characters, the report quits altogether.

Any other thoughts are appreciated as usual. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back