Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

25.03 fps not good enough for Premiere 6 DV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoing

Technical User
Aug 18, 2001
GB
Okay, I finally got rid of my old DC10+ system which using various un-official patches and workarounds I had finally got working perfectly with Instant Video...No more huge re-renders or worries about the Win98 2gb barrier.

But, still I was not happy as it meant having Win98 installed as well as 2000 (no DC10+ drivers for 2000) and jumping between them.

So, I've upgraded to Prem' 6 and a Firewire card (Belkin) that uses the Microsoft DV codec.

All seems to work brilliantly...BUT, when I capture raw footage in Premiere it is captured at between 25.02fps and 25.03fps. There seems to be no setting I can find to get 25fps dead on.

Premiere (for editing with selective render) only wants exactly 25fps, so Selective Render won't work with the footage captured in Premiere, and I am back having to render the entire project and endlessly bumping into the 4gb barrier (W2K).

The only workaround I have found is to re-render all raw footage using the batch render in Premiere (which fixes everything back to exactly 25fps) prior to editing, this then allows me to edit using Selective Render

But this is big pain. Surely if Premiere is capturing the footage, it should be capturing it at the frame rate it wants, not just slightly off.

Of course it might not be this slight frame rate difference that is causing the problem, but it appears to be the only difference between footage that works smoothly and that which doesn't.

Any solutions would be gratefully received as I am fed up of always having to fiddle and tweak before doing the real job of editing.

Many thanks.

PS - I have tried various little progs that claim to reset the frame rate, all without success.

PPS - The camera I am using is the Sony DCR TRV120E with DV-IN enabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back