Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

24" widescreen LCD running on ATI Radeon 9600? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deniro24

Technical User
Feb 12, 2007
HR
Hello.

I'm planning to replace my old CRT monitor with Dell UltraSharp 2407WFP 24" 1920:1200@60Hz. The problem is my VGA Sapphire Atlantis Radeon 9600 (lite edition) overclocked on 356/222 MHz. Display with WUXGA resolution; VGA Pixel Fillrate 1300mil pixels/s and Peak Bandwidth 6.4 GB/s.
PC configuration: AMD A64 3200+; MB MSI K8N Neo2 AGP8x; 2xKingston HyperX 512MB.
Is my VGA too slow for this LCD?
If I have to buy better VGA, is it wise to buy another AGP VGA, now when PCI-ex is benchmark?
What influence will Win Vista have on prices of VGA, as Vista came with lot of changes in graphics? Can we expect some reduction in prices?
Any suggestion about which ATI graphic card (AGP or PCIe) should I purchase, up to 150$? Also, any suggestion about MB, up to 200$.

Thank you.
D

If all you are doing on your PC is displaying a desktop then the 9600 is more than adequate.
I would advise that you install the latest ATI Catalyst drivers to give you every possible required resolution choice.

The 9600 is also a reasonable DX9.0 card for Vista

We like members to GIVE and not just TAKE.
Participate and help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back