Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

24 month backup / restore. Need 2008 restore only

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckshive

Technical User
Apr 13, 2009
US
Problem: 24 month restore but I need only 2008 restore

We needed to make changes to 2007 files. I loaded our back up of 2007/2008. We made some corrections to 2007/2008. Everything for those periods is correct now. The problem is when I restore our “Current Books” 2008/2009 periods from the back up file. They override the changes made to 2008.

I have 2 back ups. One for 2007/2008 that is corrected. One is for 2008/2009 where only the 2009 files are correct.

What is the best solution? Should I just change accounting periods again and let Peachtree purge the uncorrected 2008 files which if needed I have a back up of. Or is there a way to load only the 2008 portion of my 2007/2008 backup?

Any ideas?

Since Peachtree keeps two years open at a time, there is no way to just restore one year. Any time you restore a backup, it overrides whatever files you have.

One trick I've seen and used for a number of years is to start a new company every year. Means that you have to do a bunch of adjusting entries, but it saves data and lets you finish up the year with less presure. The big problem is getting everybody changed over on the 1st of January. Other then that it's easy to do. Just copy the company file to a new directory in the companies directory, open it and change the company name to indicate it is an archive of year nnnn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back