Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

24 hour dashboard only runs for 12 hours??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chilly442

Technical User
Jun 25, 2008
US
I have a dashboard that is supposed to run 24 hours a day to display last hours data for power generation. Values are pulled from oracle and refreshed to the pages every hour to keep the data current. A rotator changes the page every 45 seconds using a timer control. At this time I have a total of 10 pages that the rotator runs through.
This all works fine for a while. But after about 12 hours (estimate), the browser continues to run, but the values are no longer refreshed, and the page gets stuck (the rotator is no longer firing). The rotator stops on a random page, displaying old data.

Why does the application stop refreshing the data after the 12ish hour mark?

Is my connection to the pool being dropped? Resulting in the pages not getting refreshed?

Is there something else that would get dropped or time out that I am missing?

Thanks,
Chilly442
---------------------------------------
If I lived anywhere else I'd be Sunny442

does you app/webpage have logging? if so review the logs. if not get it in place and running so you can see what's happening on the server. run page through fiddler/firebug as well to monitor the http requests.

as it stands now there isn't anything we can provide, except random guesses, as to why the page "stops working".

Jason Meckley
Programmer

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back