Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

23-Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobFriedman

Technical User
Jun 8, 2004
US
I have several issues... hopefully someone can help!
when i load a tape... and this can be a clean new tape.. I get this:

23-Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I was able to get one single tape to do a backup on the DP30 (a gift from a friend who could not get it to work under XP)

Originally I had an SC30 internal.. and it worked great... when as far as Echo 3.2.99 (for some reason.. i prefered echo over 1safe) I had upgraded the firmware.. and such..
then i started getting the Error 23's... after called Onstream Data, i was told it was the drive and to send it in..(which i didnt do..(just as well.. it was around last April!)

Recently on Ebay I picked up 2 SC30's internal.. both at firmware 1.05. I tried upgrading the firmware.. it would not work!!! After rebooting the 1.05 came up again
I reinstalled Echo.. and every time I put a tape in.. I got the Error 23..

I got the DP30 from my friend.. and got one single tape to backup... all others give me the Error 23 when I put the tape in! ok.. what the blazes is going on?????? on I am running W98SE

Rob

Yes I know I posted this.. but I got no answers.... and I dont know how to change the subject of a previous post

many times! (even using the special head cleaner that Onstream made)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back