Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2250 light/back light

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trason806

Technical User
Sep 18, 2009
US
Has anyone ever come up with a solution to light/back light the screen on a 2250. One of my operators would really like this.

I believe they are wired correctly. Is the screen suppose to be lit up? I assumed it was similar to a screen on a 2616

ok the switch barely changes the screen at all. I did find this "When BLF or display backlight options are used, an additional 16V dc power supply is required. The 16V dc source is cabled through +VPS and +VPS RTN leads"

Display backlight power supply option
An optional 16V dc Power Supply may be installed at the MDF to enhance the display backlight brightness
to provide optimum quality on the display readability.

it looks like part number A0367601
16v DC Power Supply (300mA)

is this just a generic power supply? i am pretty sure they don't make the A0367601 anymore.

So if i can get a 16 v dc power supply, will the screen actually light up?

I have been installing these things since 1991 and never knew about the optional power supply for the back light option. But there it is in black and white in the link provided. I always just wired the 2 console TN's and the 3 power tn's. I would think any 16 vdc power supply should work. Let us know how it works out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back