Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2250 Installation/Reset Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

tahki

Technical User
Jul 25, 2003
US
Hi,

I have a 61C that in the past has had 2 active 2250s with auto-attendant. One of the consoles was physically removed from it's location but the programming, cabling, wiring are all still in place. I need to temporarily (for 3 hrs) reinstall the console that was originally removed and in testing it today, the active console was put on night and when I attempted to plug in the spare console, the display became active (without the handset plugged in) immediately upon connection. The console had an audible call but no visual display nor was I able to answer the call/place console on night with plugging in the handset.

I undid the connection and waited a minute to let it 'reset' itself and attempted to connect the console again - this time every display indicator became visible, it was on night and nothing could be cleared. Again, the handset was not plugged in as I did not want the board to go live until I was ready.

I know there is a PWR FAIL TR button underneath and another setting button on the left side of the board but do not want to attempt anything until I get some feedback.

I will not try our working console in the spare connection location.

Thanks!
Laura

a.k.a. babysitter of a Sl1/61C r.24 v.25

Check and see if the tn's programed for the 2250 are diabled in software. PWR tns are always in a disable state but TN 1 and TN 2 should show IDLE

Also, the PWR FAIL switch is actually wired to an extra pair (Pair 11 Black/Blue)on the console cabel and is a way of manually activating a Power Fail Trunk Bypass Module.

These modules connect POTS lines directly to pre-designated analog sets so that dialtone can be dispursed through the building in the event of a switch or power failure.

--
Fletch
Visit the Nortel Technical Support Portal at:

might be a safer to try wiring the console in the switch room to the two data tn's and make sure they are enl. you will not need the power wired for a test. could be a bad port or console. sounds like a console from here. i never leave anything in the switch software that is not in use, good house keeping goes a long way in a maint program.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back