Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

2250 cannot call into express messaging on HMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

thattekguy

Vendor
Feb 2, 2007
US
I have a HMS400 rls 2.0 system running off of a rls 6.0 pbx. The console operators are not able to dial into express messaging of any of the rooms.When the operator attempts to dial the express messaging dn, instead of it going into the mailbox, it would actually dial the room.This is a 5 star hotel and they are starting to complain. I was told to add a different entry dn in the HMS which I did, but it doesn't work.Any ideas? Digital sets work fine. I think this HMS is a little like Octel and it needs to see the call coming from a mailbox dn, which the consoles are not.

You need an entry point for "LEAVE ROOM" which is the HMS Express messaging feature. So if you're calling from the attendant:

Choose a DN to be your Express Messaging DN and build it in the PBX as an ACDN NCFW to your HMS pilot number

Built an entry point where:

NNNN_XXXX, Leave Room

Where NNNN = the Express Messaging DN you programming
Where XXXX = put however many X's here that your DN lenghts are, including calling from internal extensions, your attendants, etc. From NTP:

The number of digits sent would depend on the length of the Caller and/or Called ID (extension or phone number). Therefore, it is imperative that every possible permutation for each set of ID of differing length is captured by the system. For instance, the entry points with 10 X’s are for calls originating from outside the hotel (includes Long distance and some IDD calls). Most IDD calls are longer than that so it is necessary to add entries with 11, 12, and even 13 X’s.

I think your attendant will show internally as just "0" but call a digital set from each console to verify. If so:

NNNN_X, Leave Room would be all you need, where NNNN = your Express Messaging DN.

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer

i have a hmsv2 i am setting up the mailbox responds however when i dial 0 it rings forever and never goes to the attendant, i cannot see anything to define the 0 for operator access it is on a 5.5 nortel option 81c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back